Friday, January 14, 2011

My DREAM Philippine Destinations


“Ayaw kong maging dayuhan sa aking sariling bayan.”

Since when I was a kid I dreamed of travelling the world. But as time goes by, I want to shorten my sight and just travel the whole Philippines first. From that realization I made a promise to myself that I will experience pearl of the orient more than the usual thing.

I listed wonderful (to me) places in the Philippines which I will visit in the future.

Topped my list was BATANES, I read several articles from Pinoy travel bloggers and backpackers about this majestic group of islands. I want to experience the “Marlboro Country” of the Philippines. Of course, will try buying at the Honesty Store and wear the famous Ivatan Headgear. I also dream to sleep under the concrete roof of their houses. Moreover, I want to taste the tranquil environment and have a date with Mother Nature in a romantic and picturesque backdrop of the ocean.

Next is PALAWAN, I can’t explain the magnet of this vast island to wanderers like me. Dubbed as the greenest city (Puerto Princesa City) of the Philippines and home of the UNESCO World Heritage Underground River, truly, Palawan has enough reasons to boast as an ultimate travel destination. 

BANAUE, not the one associated with the vast selection of automobile parts, just kiddingJ. For quite some time, visiting the Cordilleras and experience its rich cultural heritage is one of my biggest cravings in life.

I wonder why people smile. Then let’s visit BACOLOD – Philippines’ City of Smiles. From its steep cultural value to a street raving party during Maskara Festival, definitely a must visit site for those who wishes to wander and try food tripping in the south.

I choose ILOILO because of a very special reason (secret J). Aside from its gastronomic La Paz Batchoy, another UNESCO World Heritage Miag-ao Church and the mystical feelings of Spanish colonization era. The lovely and sweet Ilonggos compensate the longing for a wonderful vacation.

CAGAYAN DE ORO and DAVAO is my ultimate spots in Mindanao. I want to see before my eyes the beauty and splendid flora and fauna of the land.

So far, these are my dream destinations in my beloved country. I will not stop until I conquer all 81 provinces in 17 regions all over. Join me as I traverse the road less travelled – of being a Biyaherong Pinoy via LakbayNoypi travel journal. J



No comments:

Post a Comment